Sunday, April 4, 2010

Resurection Day

Today we celebrate the first resurection...He's alive!

The services at Shiloh Terrace Baptist today were awsome...there new menbers and one young man surrendering to the ministry as a missionary. Bob and his family were with us for the 11 o"clock service. Dr. Christina delivered a wonderful message of hope...1,100 in worship, $70,000. offering and 6 new members!

I for one, will be watching the Lady Bears take on UConn tonight in the semis. Now, that's scary!

Took a break to visit with Frank and Mary Hearron. It's 17 to 8 Uconn.

We are looking forward to a great week ahead. We expect to get a pathology report, so we can determine what options we have. In the mean time, Judy feels physically great, spiritually and emotionally at peace. UConn 26, Baylor 12...maybe I should go to bed..nah.

1 comment:

  1. Larry and Barbara SharpApril 5, 2010 at 12:51 PM

    Dear Friends,
    We have been in prayer for you since the day we found out of Judy's health. For me the waiting was always the most frustrating because I wanted results and answers "right now." I went through a similar wait stage and it was during this time that I realized that this was the TIME to really exercise my faith in God. I thought I had lots of faith until I was diagnosed with colon cancer in December of 2006. However, my faith increased each day and I began to grow in strength and in His power with the coming days ahead. God is so good. He heals not just our bodies but our minds and spirit! I am so glad Judy that you found that special time to "laugh." Laughter is good for the soul! I hesitate to quote scripture but this one spoke to my heart this morning, I hope it does to yours; "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father...So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows" (Matthew 10:29,31). We love you guys and we will continue to pray for you and your family. You mean more to us than you will ever know! Larry and Barbara Sharp

    ReplyDelete