Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Preparing for MDA

Today we worked on getting together all Judy's files and reports to fax to M.D. Anderson. We were able to get all but one doctor's report. The pathology slides have already been over-nighted to MDA.

We did finally get the lab report on the urine test, and it verified that we are dealing with a carcinoid tumor. That's what the Oncologist needed to be comfortable in administering the shot that we talked about earlier (Sandostaten). However, we don't want to start the treatment until we get an OK from MDA. We should know that within the next few days.

Although I haven't been able to concentrate on my work over the last few weeks, God is so good and He has really blessed my business, nevertheless. He never seems to amaze us with His grace and mercy.

Please pray that we can get into MDA quickly, so that we can get into a routine with some stability.

3 comments:

  1. Will start praying right now for God 's hand on the paperwork as it is faxed, the person on the receiving end, and the doctors reviewing the data. Also, will pray that God will open up a slot soon for Judy to be seen. I believe!!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the next 3 min. this is not going to be about cancer. This is just going to be a "special thank you". Mothers Day is approaching and all I could think about today is how I wish my mother was here with us, but she is with the Lord. Honey, I just want you to know that you are a wonderful mother, mother-in-law, grandmother and mother to those of us that do not have one here on earth any longer. You are so special to all of us. There is no way you could ever know the impact that you have made on our lives. I shed tears of sadness because there is not a day that goes by that I do not miss my own mother, but I also shed tears of happiness that Chase has a grandmother as special as you and I have someone that I know I can always turn to for guidance, wisdom, endurance and faith no matter what the circumstance. I know Mothers Day is not here, but just know that we love you so much.

    Andrea and Chase

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ronnie and Judy: Reading your blogs remind me how powerful and merciful our God is. Oh, how my prayers go out to you. Judy, I remember so well how you were impressed when I put a smelly sticker on Mattie's little hand so when she got nervous during the day at preschool, she could take a sniff and all her fears would go away. I also recall how you would convince the little ones taking swimming lessons that they were wearing sunglasses that would magically remove the nuisance water that flooded their eyes. So now I pray that God will cover your hand in the sweet scent of His unrelenting and soothing mercy ... that healing will flood your body not by magic but by His miracle. You are forever a blessing to my life. With love, Novalynn. novabryant@aol.com

    ReplyDelete