Tuesday, April 20, 2010

From: Judy

Early yesterday morning, I went up to Baylor for some lab and blood work. It was my 1st time to go to the lab. I was going straight to my wonderful ,15 yr, part time job, after I finished w/the lab.

As I was filling out the paperwork, a queston came up asking about the stage of cancer I had. No big deal, it's stage 4. When I looked at the possible answers, I saw for the 1st time, that there was no cancer higher than stage 4. It took my breath away and my heart sank. How could this be?
As soon as I could get a signal, I called Ronnie and told him what I had just read. For a moment, there was silence on the phone. Then he said in a very soft voice, "Numbers don't mean anything to God." I asked him did you know this and did his heart sink when you heard this? He said, no he didn't know it and yes it took his breath away also. But, he said, "We don't have to be afraid and we are not in this by ourselves" And we are not.

Everytime I think about our situation, I think about how blessed we are to have the support we have...to have people to "come along beside you" to "stand in the gap" for and with you. What a blessing you all are to us. Your thoughts and prayers mean so very much to us. God is so kind and we feel Him around...everyday.

Judy
Ps 34:4

5 comments:

  1. Famous quote:
    " I never trust the testimony of a woman wearing hose."

    Philosophy from Judy Rawls, during a ballgame at White Rock Lake sometime in the 1980's.

    The Eppersons

    ReplyDelete
  2. You stand correct. You and Papa are not alone. God and all your family and friends are right here with you.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy and Ronnie, you are in our prayers and heart, what a wonderful couple you are and what beautiful mentors you have been to us and all of those you know and love you. God is good and only He knows what the future brings, may he put peace in your heart and joy in your life.
    Love, Johnny and Lupe Hernandez

    ReplyDelete
  4. you and God together are bigger than ANY stage 4 cancer. you are a beautiful, strong, amazing woman! love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ronnie is so right when he said "numbers don't mean anything to God." It's only humans who put great stock in numbers. He can and will work His miracles at whatever stage!

    ReplyDelete