Wednesday, April 7, 2010

D-Day (D for Diagnosis)

It's 1:30 and Judy and I are preparing to go to the doctor's office.We feel the prayers of all of you who are praying. With that kind of intercession, whatever the news, we will rejoice. No matter the outcome, we will praise Him, He who is all-knowing, omnicient and ever-present will be glorified. Will return to finish this Blog...

So, here's what we learned from the pathology report: Let me be clear that what I tell you is subject to change, once we see the Oncologist on Monday.

1) The tumors have a name...neuro-endocrine. It is a fast growing cancer, but most treatable.
2) It probably originated in the pancreas, although it really doesn't matter. The treatment would be the same.
3) Besides the pancreas, it involves the liver and three lymph nodes.
4) It's not operable, but the treatment with a stando staten injection daily should keep the tumors from growing or spreading.
5) These type tumors produce a high level of seratonin, which caused the diarrhea and weight loss.

All in all, if it has to be cancer, this is the best kind to have involving these organs. My tough little lady is going to live a long time...she may even make her goal of age 107! Again, we have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and caring, and especially the prayers of many righteous people.

Judy and I are leaving tomorrow for a few days in Myrtle Beach, S.C. with a Baylor buddy and his wife. We will be back Sunday evening, looking forward to what God wants for us in the future. Praise be to His Name!

5 comments:

  1. Judy and Ronnie, I have been in prayer for you since I first heard. Judy, I so felt your pain last evening, not wanting today to come. Waiting is the most unbearable part. I don't know how people that don't know the Lord manage through trials like these...Having the Greatest Physician of All on your side is so comforting. After my plight w/a tumor in my head 2 yrs ago, I have found that after prayer, you need to question the drs., ask what you don't know, take part in your treatment. You have an army of friends by your side, along with your wonderful family.....thank you for sharing with us.Much Love, Jerri Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your friends and your special time together these nextfew days.
    Debbie & Robert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord!! We serve a mighty God!! We all will continue to pray for miracles in your life. You two have a wonderful get away and we will talk to you when you get back. We love you, love you, love you--Gary & Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rejoice at the news. Good to see you at church tonight.
    I am excited that you are going to get away for a few days. Enjoy your trip and your friends. Those are treasures.
    Love you, Praying for you.
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ronnie and Judy, You are in Diane and My prayers as you walk thru this valley. I reach back to 1996 when the doctors told me that I had to have heart surgery. I went to the Lord and stood with a group of men fron my church in prayer. One of the men ask for the hesrt of a 20 year old and when the doctor ran the test on my heart the next morning his report was that my heart was as good as a 20 year old. You see I beleave that my God can do any thing and what he has done for me, he can do for you. Diane and I love you two very much and will be praying for your healing and for Ronnie. Paul and diane

    ReplyDelete